how to use "F" keys

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by countrykid333, Mar 3, 2008.

1. countrykid333 macrumors member

how do you use the "F" keys on a macbook (specifically in battle field 1942).
    sorry if this is a repeat of another post, but i tried a forum search, and it turned up nothing. i even tried experimenting myself but, my computer just started to announce everything i clicked on :confused:.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

2. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

Hold function (bottom left most button "fn")

There's also an option in the system preferences (probably in keyboard somewhere) to enable them by default without having to hold the button

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Command-F5 will turn off the "speak everything".

You can use fn-FKey to use the F-keys or just turn them off in the Keyboard Preference Pane.

TEG

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

on the new Al keyboard there is no Fn key. The bottom left keys are: Control, Option, and Command. This has been confusing me also.

5. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

I suggest reading the manual or doing a Google search then, you're bound to find the answer then

6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

That's for the none-answer, Why even bother posting? No Fn key on either my Macbook or iMac keyboard

7. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

Aluminium Keyboard? Try looking at the 2x3 island of keys above the the "inverted-T" arrow keys. The Fn key should be above Delete.

8. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

I can't speak for your iMac but considering the fact that our Macbooks are the exact same models, I seriously doubt that you do not have a fn key

9. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

If the new MacBooks don't have an fn key, that is just as retarded as the "new" shortcuts in the Functions keys, and the removal of the number pad from the keyboard.

TEG

10. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

I gotta admit, this threw me for a bit of a loop the first time I used the new wired (full sized) aluminum keyboard, coming from using a blackbook.

The wired keyboard has the fn key above the delete x> key and just left of the home key (above the arrow keys).

OTOH, the bluetooth keyboard has the fn key at the very bottom left corner of the keyboard -- which is also where it is on MacBooks (at least the ones I've used).