How to use Fan Control

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hi78953, Jul 29, 2009.

1. hi78953 macrumors newbie

Hi everybody! I'm new here. Hope everybody will help me out.

So..I recently felt that my Macbook started to give out a lot of heat, so i decided to fix the problem. I downloaded the CoreDuoTemp to check my temperature, and it was at 63 degrees celsuis.

Then, I downloaded the SMCFanControl, but it said it did not support my comp, so then I downloaded the Fan Control.

I successfully installed it, but it shows no sign of the program anywhere on my comp. Please help me! What do I do to open the program? All i have is the .dmg file. Also, what do i do with the source codes?

2. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Were you searching with spotlight? I have trouble using spotlight sometimes because it often misses things for me for some reason. I usually just use quicksilver to search for things.

what kind of macbook do you have? smcfancontrol should support it with the latest version from here. I am actually going to try Fan Control now. It looks like a pretty good app. Ill tell you what i figure out by installing it.

EDIT: I installed Fan Control and it shows up as a preference pane. So check your system preferences and see if it is there. I personally prefer smcfancontrol because it sits in your menu bar for instant access.

3. hamish5178 macrumors member

Yes, it is not under Apps.

4. hi78953 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

sure, no problem.