Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

voodoochild16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Hi all,
So I have been enjoying the features of iBlacklist with an iPhone 4 running the latest Jailbreak version. THough, I find that auto SMS isn't working with contacts with more than 1 number, etc. So I am wondering, is it possible to block all incoming calls at a press of a button?.

The iPhone comes with the "Do Not Disturb" mode, but it sends callers to voicemail. I just want to block people out at the press of a button, sending them to nothing, so they can't fill up my voicemail. Can you do this with iBlacklist????. Thanks in advance!.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hi all,
So I have been enjoying the features of iBlacklist with an iPhone 4 running the latest Jailbreak version. THough, I find that auto SMS isn't working with contacts with more than 1 number, etc. So I am wondering, is it possible to block all incoming calls at a press of a button?.

The iPhone comes with the "Do Not Disturb" mode, but it sends callers to voicemail. I just want to block people out at the press of a button, sending them to nothing, so they can't fill up my voicemail. Can you do this with iBlacklist????. Thanks in advance!.
Turn voicemail off ;)

voodoochild16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Turn voicemail off ;)

How do you turn voicemail off to all contacts?.

I would have to black list all my contacts to turn voicemail off. The problem is that these numbers calling me are from one person and the number is different every time. There is no indication of turning off voicemail using iBlacklist, or any function with iOS to turn off voicemail.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
How do you turn voicemail off to all contacts?.

I would have to black list all my contacts to turn voicemail off. The problem is that these numbers calling me are from one person and the number is different every time. There is no indication of turning off voicemail using iBlacklist, or any function with iOS to turn off voicemail.
What's your carrier?

Just google your carrier name and turn off voicemail. It'll give you the guide to do it.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You can do this two ways. Blacklist or whitelist.

Blacklist: Create a contact (I have a Blocked Caller contact), assign a silent rigntone and add the numbers of those you want to block to that contact. You can also use the stock Call Blocking of IOS to have the contact muted (direct to VM). Have iBlacklist add the contact and then set up how you want calls/messages to be handled.

This is how I do it, because it allows calls from people NOT in my Blocked Caller contact to get through.

Whitelist: Add only those contacts you want to get through. If you don't have anyone you want to get through then just set up what you want to have happen if someone calls.

The way the whitelist functions is that if a caller is NOT on the whitelist the phone does not allow the call through. It performs whatever function you have predetermined.

Reactions: LoLife

voodoochild16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
You can do this two ways. Blacklist or whitelist.

Blacklist: Create a contact (I have a Blocked Caller contact), assign a silent rigntone and add the numbers of those you want to block to that contact. You can also use the stock Call Blocking of IOS to have the contact muted (direct to VM). Have iBlacklist add the contact and then set up how you want calls/messages to be handled.

This is how I do it, because it allows calls from people NOT in my Blocked Caller contact to get through.

Whitelist: Add only those contacts you want to get through. If you don't have anyone you want to get through then just set up what you want to have happen if someone calls.

The way the whitelist functions is that if a caller is NOT on the whitelist the phone does not allow the call through. It performs whatever function you have predetermined.

OK so when you use iBlacklist to create the contact, does the auto SMS reply work for all numbers you add to that contact?.

That is my only concern now, iBlacklist is blocking all calls from blocked numbers which is beautiful.

But half the time iBlacklist crashes or doesn't even send an SMS reply to the call. Thanks for your tip.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
OK so when you use iBlacklist to create the contact, does the auto SMS reply work for all numbers you add to that contact?.

That is my only concern now, iBlacklist is blocking all calls from blocked numbers which is beautiful.

But half the time iBlacklist crashes or doesn't even send an SMS reply to the call. Thanks for your tip.
I don't know. Unfortunately, I cannot answer that. I haven't had a cause to use it for SMS as all the calls I've wanted to block are voice calls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.