How to use icons from a theme, but keep everything else stock?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kashura7, Jun 14, 2011.

1. kashura7 macrumors member

kashura7

I really like the icons used in a theme called UINique but I can't say the same about the rest of the theme. How would I go about just using the icons and keeping everything stock?
    After looking at peoples screenshots I realize i am not advanced or creative enough to do something really cool, but I would still like to personalize my phone somewhat.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

you use file and delete all the files that theme the stuff you don't want themed

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Delete all files/folders in that theme but keep the one called "bundles" as that's where the icons should be.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

This, but should he also only keep the Icon.png file within each folder in Bundles or those bundles themself might be themed

5. kashura7 thread starter macrumors member

kashura7

Thank you, I'll need to try that.

Also, as it seems pretty easy to find different icon packs and such, is it really complicated to kinda create your own theme? I mean, maybe take a theme i like, but replace icons, then status bar, wallpaper. Just modify it pretty much

6. Happytodd macrumors regular

Its quite easy to mix and match themes together to make an awesome theme. You'll get use to it! =D

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

This. Once you get the hang of SSH'ing into your device to tweak things, it becomes addictive. You'll want to have your fingerprints all over everything. For me, it was changing the colors of things. I'm using INZTHD and while I loved the icons, I hated the glow color (not much for teal), so I changed that so that all of my app store icons now auto-skin with the glow color of my choosing; the individual icons that were tweakable now have glows that coordinate with the icon colors (sort of like Illumine but brighter and with better icons, IMO). Also detested the TRON-y looking wifi & status bars and carrier logo, so I just deleted those icons and it went back to stock (and then I changed the stock options so they were different colors, too. Lol.)

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Yeah, you'll initially start out with an icon theme. Then a Statusbar theme, then maybe a carrier logo, then a page indicator theme and on and on and on. That's how we all usually start out. Eventually, you'll get around to realizing that if you combine all of them into one theme, then you won't have so many themes to check off in Winterboard. Then, you'll wind up with one massive theme encompasses everything and you'll keep building on that. Mine, currently, is around 75mb in size and growing. You won't stop, ever.

9. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Or you won't combine them, because you'll find you're forever swapping out bits and pieces.... LOL

10. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

I stayed on a massively modified buuf2 theme for ages, but eventually went back to stock icons but use Gridlock to stack the icons where ever I want to flow with whatever wallpaper I theme. Also, HTC lockscreen is to die for.