How to use iPhone as alarm while in silent mode?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yalag, May 8, 2012.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

Ok I refuse to believe I'm the only person with this problem. I want to use my iPhone as an alarm clock. Yes there's 9999 apps out there that can do this. But I want the alarm to work WHILE in silent mode because I don't want to be waken by incoming calls and texts.

Any ideas?

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Sure. Set the alarm.

I do this all the time, and in fact, I've kept my iPhone in silent mode primarily, so I don't wake up my kids. But the alarm works whether in silent mode or not.

BL.

3. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

hmm didn't know that! Is there a way to turn off the vibration too?

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yes. Settings - General - Sounds - Vibrate = Off.

That should work across the board.

BL.

5. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

Yes, turn off vibration in the settings when in silent mode.

Also, set the volume level in the normal way before you flick the silent button and this will be the volume level that the alarm will go off at in the morning. I have mine set to 3 little blocks lit which is plenty to wake me in the morning :) and have the silent mode activated as I get work emails from clients all around the world in different time zones and the beeping was a pita before I figured this out :)

6. JMountainDew macrumors regular

JMountainDew

The easiest way I've found to use the stock alarm on my iphone without being interrupted during the night with calls, texts, etc is to simply turn on airplane mode before going to bed. Once the alarm wakens me in the morning, I switch airplane back off.

7. marydale macrumors newbie

I Love Alarm, but...

I Love Alarm, and my iPhone is always on vibrate. However, I want to be able to schedule an alarm more than 24 hours in advance, and have it ring even when I'm on vibrate. I can't find any other app that will let me schedule the alarm with a date in the future rather than day of the week, etc. Anyone know of one that will work? THANKS!

8. Jonathanhatton2002 macrumors newbie

Jonathanhatton2002

--- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2017 ---
    Set up your alarm then click repeat and select the days you would like the alarm to set on. See pictures for further explanation

Attached Files:

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Four year old thread…