How to use major studio names in iMovie 11 (howto)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dasutin, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Dasutin macrumors newbie

Hey after some sneaking around in iMovie 11's files, it was rather easy to allow you to use major studio names in iMovie 11 when Apple doesn't allow you to do it.

I wrote a blog post about it with how to do it and with pictures. You can find it here http://www.nullweb.com/?p=201

Have fun!

First you need to locate the TrailerStrings.strings file within iMovie. The location of it is here Applications/iMovie/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/TrailerStrings.strings
    [​IMG]

Before you open it up change the permissions of that file so it will allow you to save it once your done. Once you did that open it up in your favorite text editor, don’t use Xcode because some reason it won’t allow you to save it once your done.

[​IMG]

Find the line that says “replacementString = “—”;”

Change the “—” to whatever studio you want to use, I used Universal, so change it to “Universal”.
    [​IMG]

Save it and go into iMovie (if you have it open when you edit the file, close iMovie and reopen it to see the change) and it works! If you want to use another studio name you must change it in the file.

Note: Don’t try to change “—” to “” and remove the dashes, it will crash iMovie because it will be expecting a string to compare.

[​IMG]

2. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Again, more people trying to get traffic to personal blogs. Just copy and paste it here.

GL

3. Dasutin thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm very sleepy and I just wanted to share the information and not drive traffic to my blog, just thought giving out the link would be fine so I get can get some sleep. I edited my post to show how to do it.

4. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Apple doesn't allow you to use big studio names? hahahaha