How to use my 512Ke as a midi sequencer (and more)?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by tevion5, Aug 31, 2013.

1. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

I own a 512Ke running system 6.0.8 and I would love to get a midi interface with accompanying software that would allow me to send and receive MIDI between my Yamaha CLP 501 for example. Largely because it would look very cool and it'd be just awesome to do.

I know there are some interfaces in existence that plug into one of the 512Ke's serial ports (which one?) and allow me to do midi. What software would I then need to make this work?

Anybody have something similar working on an old mac? Also the software must work with system 6.0.8 because the 512Ke can't go any higher if course. (I also own system 1 and 5 disks)

Any help I could get on this? :)

2. tevion5 thread starter macrumors 68000

tevion5

After some research I've become interested in the Midiman Macman as they seem great and are easy to find for a good price. My only issue with them is that they have the round type of seriel connection for use with Macs made after the 512ke. I can't seem to find any midi interface for that works with the old side style serial ports like rs232 and the like. Anybody know any?