How to use my first generation iPhone as a regular phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fstigre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. fstigre macrumors regular

fstigre

Hi,

I currently have the old generation iPhone and placed an order for the new iPhone 4 yesterday and I have a question about my old iPhone.

Yesterday I called AT&T to place an order for the new iPhone 4 and everything went good, after making the upgrade I asked if I could use my old iPhone without a data plan basically use it as a regular phone by swapping the SIM card from my Samsung (second line) and they said NO. They said that I could swap SIM cards but as soon as the system recognizes that what I’m using for that line is an iPhone a data plan will be assigned automatically.

My question is, is there a way to use my iPhone as a regular phone to at least have the WI-FI advantage?

I know this is the last option but… by jail breaking it would that work?

Can someone give me some ideas as to how I can continue using my old iPhone.

Thanks

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

honestly, I used an iphone on ATT for two years w/o them every knowing it or 'adding' a data plan - all I did was block all the data using a spoofed APN/ARN (sp?) address.

not sure if that's still applicable, I haven't done it that was in about 1.5 years.

goodluck.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can stick your simcard in and use it without data but like they told you if/when they detect you're using an iphone without a data plan on your account they can and will automaticly add a data plan.
    They started doing that to many people latelly.

4. fstigre thread starter macrumors regular

fstigre

First of all thank you very much for your reply.

Excuse my ignorance! but...How did you do this?