How to use parallel 6 to install win os?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by spoon72, Jul 4, 2011.

1. spoon72 macrumors regular

spoon72

I know that we can use the USB cable to "clone" the win os from our pc, but can I just install win os on iMac just using win os install disc ? Not boot camp.

2. Fallinangel macrumors regular

Fallinangel

Yes, sure.

You can either install Windows with Parallels or VMWare. Both programs emulate Windows under OS X.
    This is quite pragmatic, since you don't have to reboot every time you want to use Windows.

However, you are surely going to get a much better performance with Bootcamp. It allows you to run Windows natively on a separate partition!

Either way, you need a Windows installation DVD!

3. spoon72 thread starter macrumors regular

spoon72

Just to verify ,after install win os on mac (not boot camp) do I need to do any setting example choose the number of core ,ram size to support the window os ? if yes what would be the recommended setting? I'm will be using window os only to do internet banking because of those java applet things ,does imac os support internet banking with those java applet thingy?

4. Vanan Navarasan macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

U can install windows by partitioning Mac primary drive then install Parallel on Mac environment to seek the windows in the primary drive. Take note u need to install win drivers By booting in windows so that display drivers work full size in win drivers and the audio drivers as well. A lesson learnt when I could not watch u tube in full frame when using win7 in parallel.
    Also, activate your win license separately on win and Mac environment separately.