How to use screensaver on dual moniters?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kyleb822, Jan 2, 2009.

1. kyleb822 macrumors member

kyleb822

I have a Macbook Pro with an external display and I was wondering how to make the screensaver flow onto both of the displays instead of having two separate ones. Is it possible to have it work as one giant display for the screensaver, and how do I do it?

2. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Not that I'm aware of, at least not unless the screensaver was "aware" of what the other screen was doing, but that would be more of a fun programming project.

I don't believe multi-screen screensavers are supported by default, although you can set a different saver to each screen.

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Unfortunately not, no.

4. timestoby macrumors 6502

i didnt know you could have a screensaver for each screen,but the one screensaver ive been using is coming on both screens,its one that came with mac. i should have thought it would just work on the one screen but it was a surprise to see it on both screens.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Screensavers are artifacts left over from the days of the CRT display. They existed to "save" your screen from the burn-in that would occur if you left an image on it for too long.

Unfortunately, the only thing a screensaver does to an LCD is make the backlight die more quickly. If you want to preserve your computer, have it turn the display off before sleeping instead of using a screensaver.