How to use T-Mobile 200MB Free Data iPad SIM in a phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 869639, Jan 31, 2014.

1. 869639 macrumors 6502

I have inserted the SIM into a older Motorola phone with all the required frequencies, however when I launch the browser it asks me to sign in to T-Mobile account [When I do, nothing happens besides my account details are shown] and when i click on Activate it does the same thing as above.

The APN and everything else is set, however I'm not able to browse the web, to make the matter simpler I would appreciate a response from someone who is actually using their iPad SIM on T-Mobile network in a smartphone or have used it, because everything else I have really good knowledge of.

I am able to insert my iPhone SIM into iPad Air and use the data no issues, however I'm unable to do the opposite.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The free 200MB plan is limited to only pre-approved tablets. Any other device will not be able to use it, even if the SIM card was activated in a tablet. Each SIM card is tied to the IMEI in the device it is activated in. Thus, it will not work in any other device unless the first device is removed from the account and it is reactivated.

3. 869639 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, that explains why it doesn't work in any of the phones