Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewVenner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
I'm trying to unzip files I've downloaded onto my iPod. I've read that I have to download/use the Term vt-100/CLU-zip applications, but have no idea how. If someone could let me know, that would be great.

For instance, one of the files I'm trying to unzip is in Applications/.svn/Downloads/Metroid.zip

Cetra

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2007
I'm trying to unzip files I've downloaded onto my iPod. I've read that I have to download/use the Term vt-100/CLU-zip applications, but have no idea how. If someone could let me know, that would be great.

For instance, one of the files I'm trying to unzip is in Applications/.svn/Downloads/Metroid.zip

Have you got installer on your phone and is it jailbroken? You should probably do that first.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
Have you got installer on your phone and is it jailbroken? You should probably do that first.

there's not way to transfer anything to the ipod if it's not already jailbroken....
clearly he's done that.

as for the unzip utilities, its all command line, so unless you feel comfortable writing in the terminal, unzip them from your computer and then transfer then to the desired folder.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
Yeah, but how do I enable disk usage because I can't figure that out either.

there is no "real" disk usage option. your best bet would be to create a Documents folder inside the /Media folder.

you can use AFP, FTP, SFTP, and I think now even HTTP and wget to transfer files to your ipod

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.