Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
The new iPad Pro models have eSIM built in, so how does one activate it if the eSIM’s IMEI doesn’t show up in the Settings app?

The process needed to activate my iPhone XS’s eSIM was finding the EID and IMEI for the physical SIM and eSIM.

mdarcelin

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2011
The new iPad Pro models have eSIM built in, so how does one activate it if the eSIM’s IMEI doesn’t show up in the Settings app?

The process needed to activate my iPhone XS’s eSIM was finding the EID and IMEI for the physical SIM and eSIM.

Greetings! In my experience with T-Mobile yesterday, I just needed to read off the EID number. They ask for either the SEID number or the EID number. Good luck!

Reactions: symphony

symphony

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 25, 2016
Greetings! In my experience with T-Mobile yesterday, I just needed to read off the EID number. They ask for either the SEID number or the EID number. Good luck!

That’s great to hear! Did you need to give them your iPad?

Reactions: mdarcelin

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London

SEID stands for Secure Element ID. Don't give them the SEID.It's the EID they need...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.