Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wxman2003

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
For those ordering through Verizon web site and wanting to pay full price to keep unlimited, it's pretty simple.

Click on "Upgrade My Device" on main page. Select the device you wish to upgrade. Select the new iPhone. Click on "Show full price option" and select. Click on "Add to cart and select plan". It takes a page where you can add protection etc. Make sure you select decline protection plan if you dont want it. It will then take you to a page to add accessories. Again if you don't want anything, click on "Continue to review cart" From there it will take you to your current unlimited plan. From there you can checkout and pay full price and keep unlimited.

Last edited:

Fidget08

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
Here is another tip. Go find a cheap flip phone and put that on your account. You get to upgrade and keep unlimited data. Done it a few times.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Here is another tip. Go find a cheap flip phone and put that on your account. You get to upgrade and keep unlimited data. Done it a few times.

Except that Verizon changed it's policy and when you go to remove that iPhone from the "basic phone" line you'll have a 2 year data plan on it regardless of the fact you have a basic phone on that line now.

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
Can someone explain this to me?

I guess I was not even aware of this option prior to the policy change, so I don't understand what was possible and what is possible.

Thanks

Edit: I am on a grandfathered unlimited data plan and want to upgrade from my iPhone 4 but keep my plan.

smokechaser

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Kansas City
No matter what I try I cannot get the Verizon website to allow full price order AND keep my unlimited data plan. Never giving up my data plan so I guess I'm not getting the phone till later. Oh well. BED TIME.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
No matter what I try I cannot get the Verizon website to allow full price order AND keep my unlimited data plan. Never giving up my data plan so I guess I'm not getting the phone till later. Oh well. BED TIME.

If you order direct from Apple you shouldn't have a problem.

smokechaser

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Kansas City
If you order direct from Apple you shouldn't have a problem.

Actually thats incorrect. Im eligible for an upgrade so Apple store will try to force me to use the discount upgrade. I want to pay full price for month-to-month. Apple store cannot do this.

christof

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2002
Earth
Actually thats incorrect. Im eligible for an upgrade so Apple store will try to force me to use the discount upgrade. I want to pay full price for month-to-month. Apple store cannot do this.
I've never been able to preorder through Apple.com at full retail price (because I'm upgrade eligible). I've always felt with ****** Verizon.com / telesales.

Does anyone know if I can wait in line at Apple and pay full price (and cancel my queued order through Verizon telesales)?

Berknip

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2010
I just selected 'month to month' instead of a new plan. At checkout it confirmed that my plan didn't change. Same as last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.