How to Use WIFI / Personal Hotspot and Ethernet Simultaneously

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Wattoo, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Wattoo macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I am trying to use WIFI/Personal Hotspot (For Internet) and Ethernet (For Company Stuff) on MAC With OSX Yosemite 10.10.4 However, have Absolutely no Clue on How to Do That. I Tried to "Set Service Order" Thing But That also Didn't Work as if I Set WIFI at Top & Ethernet at 2nd Place, only WIFI Works & if I Set Ethernet at Top & WIFI on 2nd Position, Only Ethernet Works (May be Coz of different subnet's, Just a Guess)

Kindly Suggest Solution

P.S. On Ethernet, I Have Manually Entered My IP, Subnet, Router & DNS Whereas The WIFI/Personal Hotspot Gets Auto IP

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Check with your company, I'm sure their IT department would be happy to know about someone trying to open a security hole. Allowing "multi-home" setups like this in a corporate environment is a BIG no-no in IT security circles.

To answer the question, I think you'd have to set up some kind of routing table to get it to work.

3. Wattoo thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked with the IT and surprisingly, they have no objection on using personal laptop and internet along with LAN. However, they do not have knowledge/information on how to do that, specifically with a MAC :)