How to value my macbook pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by groovyone789, Oct 31, 2010.

1. groovyone789 macrumors newbie

First off, yes I know that we can not post products for sale so I am not going to be very descriptive in my post.

But does anyone know a good website where I can determine the value of my macbook pro? I'm considering selling it (its in virtually perfect condition) because I don't think I will use it once I receive my new macbook air. Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

www.mac2sell.net and www.ebay.com

MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.

3. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Go to ebay and search for completed listings. Mac2sell can be inflated. Also try apples refurb page and go down from there.

4. sportster macrumors 6502

I've always used mac2sell as a good reference, then compare with ebay and craigslist.

Just sold a MacBook for about $50 less than what mac2sell said.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

A couple point to remember about ebay and craigslist:

With ebay the seller is getting typically 88% of the final price thanks to the 9% ebay fee and 3% paypal fee. So that item sold for $1000 put $880 in the seller's pocket.

On craigslist the prices people are asking for may not have anything to do with the prices they end up getting. It's pretty standard on CL for there to be some haggling between the buyer/seller before arriving at the final price. Often sellers list the asking price with this in mind, other times they're using ebay prices as a guide without taking into account the sellers fees they'd be paying. Also there are the posts from optimistic folks who have an over-inflated idea of the worth of the item they're selling and haven't yet figured out why nobody's bought it. :)