How to verify yellow screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hibanzai, Nov 7, 2011.

1. hibanzai macrumors member

I had my 4s replaced 2 days ago and I suspect my new replacement's screen is on the yellowish side. My older 4s which was replaced for battery problems (now we know it's iOS5 issue) had a better blueish screen and a firmer home button. This one feels yellow and cheap. I'd like to verify for sure that my screen is not what it should be like, and the geniuses will tell me it's normal unless I bring unchallengable proof. I don't think screenshots are a good measure, or are they? How do I go about checking if my screen is normal.

2. AndrewR23, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Its easy to verify. The screen will look yellow at first glance.

Or, compare it to another iPhone 4S.

A screenshot won't help.

A good suggestion is too type in MacRumors search "iPhone-yellow screen"

3. kre62 macrumors 68000

Just put it next to one of their phones, or a display phone. If it looks yellow, theyll replace it.

4. mcdj, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

You make it sound as if they have a drawer full of confirmed non-yellow screen phones to offer as replacements. They do not.

If you get a friendly Genius, they may offer a replacement. Whether it will have a yellowish screen is anyone's guess until the box is opened. If the replacement is also yellow, and you have an EXTRA friendly Genius, he/she may open one more box. Maybe 2. After opening 2 phones, if they are both yellow, you're out of luck at that particular store. This is based on my experience and other's. YMMV.

5. Merkie macrumors 68020

Forget about it. Seriously. If you like the screen, you like the screen. :rolleyes: