How - To Video

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Faz, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Faz macrumors newbie

I apologize if this is already on the forums. However, I've searched and cannot find what I need.

I use a Sony HDR HC5 HD DV camcorder to record me video with. I then download it to iMovie HD via a firewire cable. Then I edit as wanted, add music, effects etc., then save the project.

At this point I find it necessary to use Toast 8 Platinum to burn the project to DVD.

First off, it takes a loooong time for Toast to compile 60 mins. of HD video. Then when its burned it will not work in my DVD player. All other videos work fine when I use toast, this is the first time my player couldn't play it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can move/edit/burn my video in a more effecient manner?

Also, the quality of the finished product is pretty crappy. Is there a way to alter/change the final quality?

Lastly, would it be better to burn the dvd with iDVD?

Again, I apologize if this has already been answered prior. I also thank you in advance for any suggestions and tips you can provide.

Thanks.

Faz

2. banjomamo macrumors regular

Toast cant burn HD DVDs AFAIK so your video is not going to work on a normal DVD player. You may want to output the file as SD. 60 minutes of HD will take quite awhile to encode so thats normal.

3. Faz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that info. Frigg'n Toast... lol.

Is there any program that I can use that WILL burn HD DVD?

Faz