How to view all accounts linked with iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheShinyMac, Aug 22, 2010.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Hey! I have a massive iTunes library. I also know that I have used many iTunes store accounts, is there a way to see what accounts my iMac is authorized to play?

I do not have access to some of them any more and I want to reset the password and update each one to a newer email and write everything down somewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I don't feel like calling Applecare as they will probably have a hard time understanding my problem

Edit- I have no idea how I managed to get this into current events! Mods can you help me out with moving this?

2. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

if you want to reset everything go the itunes store, click on account.
    Then its the fourth button down "deauthorise all"

That deauthorises all the computers you authorised originally leaving you with a fresh pallet :)

Hope that helps!

3. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

That kind of helps! I just need to know all iTunes accounts that are linked to my iTunes library.

4. marold280 macrumors 6502

marold280

ahh sorry i have no idea how to do that :/

you should have not used so many accounts!!

5. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Yea I have no idea how I managed to do that. We have used iTunes since the first iPod

6. akakhan macrumors newbie

Maybe this should be to contact apple support and ask there?

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You should be able to pull that information from the files via AtomicParsley http://atomicparsley.sourceforge.net/.

NOTE: You only have to worry about the Protected items, any newer "purchased" items are just tagged with an account e-mail, but that is not required to access the items.

B

8. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I am on the phone as I type. They have no idea what I am talking about

Wait I think I figure this out myself. Please double check this. My plan is to click on the Purchased playlist. This should contain everysingle song purchased in my library regardless of account correct? All I would have to do is transfer over to MBP which is not authorized to play and it willl show me the email i need to type the password into!

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This could work but the items purchased list should be obtained under your account info within iTunes. Not the auto-playlist created by purchasing music.

10. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

jessica's approach will also include any newer non-DRM purchases, and you would have to know which accounts to look at which seems to be your main problem.

Try this. Create a new smart playlist.

"Kind contains protected aac"

This will show you all of the music in your library that requires a password to play. The Account info i visible with get info.

Any video will have to be dealt with separately.

B

11. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Thanks for the help guys but when I create the smart playlist no music goes in there, any screenshots that could help me out? You and Jessica have helped a ton!

12. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Here's what one of mine looks like.

The second line gets rid of audiobooks.

You may not have any. Any recent purchases are "Purchased AAC" not "Protected AAC" and are actually DRM free.

B

Attached Files:

13. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

WOW There are over 1500 items! Now what would be the most efficent way of pulling the account info out of them. You and Jessica are why I love this site

14. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

The only way it is exposed in iTunes is in the Get Info dialog.

You could Get Info on the first item and use Next to scroll through them pretty quickly.

Either that or you will have to use something like atomicparsley or just the standard unix command strings to find them. To simplify things, make a copy of the items in the playlist by dragging them from the smart playlist to a new folder.

EDIT: atomicparsley works great. You just need to look for the apID atom using
    Code:
    AtomicParsley <FILENAME.m4p> -t | grep apID
    EDIT: If you made a copy of the playlist in a folder and already downloaded and extracted AtomicParsley to the Downloads folder try this from Terminal in the folder with all the files.
    Code:
    find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 -n1 -I%%%%  ~/Downloads/AtomicParsley-MacOSX-0.9.0/AtomicParsley %%%% -t | grep apID | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

It'll give you back a list with the number of files associated with each e-mail it found.

B