How to view and edit docs in Apple Pages format in iPad/Mac/iPhone????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PicnicTutorials, Jan 16, 2014.

1. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

For instance if I have docs in Apple Pages format in dropbox and try to open it on my ipad there is no single page to open like a pdf. It's just a collection of dependencies like a downloaded HTML page would have. I am looking for a cross OS way to view and edit Apples Pages? I have to be missing something here. What is it?

2. onekerato macrumors regular

Save your Pages document to iCloud (not Dropbox) then open it on Mac, iPhone, iPad and even on the web by logging in at www.icloud.com.

See "how to move documents from your Mac HD to iCloud" http://www.imore.com/how-move-documents-your-mac-hd-icloud

3. PicnicTutorials, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014

PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Cool I see that. Thanks! What do most do? Keep using microsoft office? Switch to pages and iCloud it all? There seems to be a much wider cross device support for office. I would just switch all my junk over. But one I don't have enough iCloud space. Two iCloud does not support folder within folder. And I can't batch move files. Or can I?

ps... do you all save files in pages format? Or just view and edit in pages formate and save as word doc? In pages you can save it as word.

4. onekerato macrumors regular

I use both Pages and Microsoft Word.

The one brilliant feature in Pages is that you can keep the same document open on two Macs or iOS devices and it manages the sync through iCloud without hiccups. If it's a document I would like to read or edit on my iPhone, I keep it in Pages.

I do like MS Word too. The notebook layout in Word 2011 for Mac is quite nice, and I've found it valuable over the years to learn the advanced features available in Word. But, I've got to take care not to open the same Word document simultaneously on two Macs, and I still don't trust the 3rd party editors on iOS with my Word documents.

So, in short, Pages for portability and MS Word for functionality :)