How to view corrupted mpp file of microsoft project ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by alfielane, Jun 25, 2015.

1. alfielane macrumors newbie

How to view corrupted mpp file of microsoft project ?exported a large (4,000 tasks) mpp to xml and when I attempt to open it with Project I get the error "An unexpected error occurred... The file may be damaged." I tried exporting it several times but get the same error each time. I don't see anything obvious in the xml, but it is huge and something could be lurking someplace that's not apparent. Does anybody have any ideas?

2. goverklark macrumors newbie

We have to discover what is failing: the export or the import part of the process.

There are several open source programs to check if a XML file is valid. If the XML file is found to be invalid, you know there is a bug in the export process.

If you are not afraid of command line interfaces (this has future, also in MS environments), xmllint can be a good tool to validate XML.
    read this: https://social.technet.microsoft.co...icrosoft?forum=projectprofessional2010general