How to view older Recent Folders list?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by atza, Nov 10, 2011.

1. atza macrumors newbie

Hello! Help needed:

Is there a way to view recently opened folders that are not on the Recent Folders list anymore?
    My list goes up to 5; i found a way to expand it to whatever number i want and now it's 10, but it doesn't help me at the moment because i need an expanded list of older opened folders and this way it only shows the 5 ones that were visible, plus 5 new ones.

It's quite urgent so i would appreciate quick answer.

Thanks in advance

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I'm afraid that you've already found the only remedy. I'm not sure if changing that number will expand to more recent items instantaneously however.

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Just search for the folder some other way. (Spotlight indexed or non indexed search)
    If there is no way to access a longer history (and there is none intended) there is no reason why they would save a longer list. Ergo it is unlikely you wouldn't find a more extensive list in some system file even if you start searching for one.

If you describe the problem maybe people here can tell you how you can find it again. I assume you forgot something about the folder since you so desperately want to find it through the history.