How to View Websites in Full Screen on iPad?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by davidhunternyc, Nov 19, 2013.

1. davidhunternyc macrumors member

How do I view websites on my iPad full screen? Apparently this isn't possible with Safari and with Google Chrome I can't get it to work either (by just sliding up the page?). I would like to view websites on my iPad full screen without the menu bar at the top getting in the way. Any suggestions?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

3. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Sorry - not possible without jailbreaking. This is one of the reasons I've kept 6.1.2 on my iPad 4 - the Safari full screen tweak is very much needed.

4. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

You can't. On the iPhone, full screen browsing makes sense. The screen is small, so you need as much space is possible. The iPad's screen, obviously, is a lot bigger, so the menus don't need to go away. It's like Safari on the Mac. Full screen mode for Mac doesn't make the menu bar go away. The toolbar, bookmarks bar and tabs still remain on the screen.

5. C DM, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

C DM macrumors Westmere

6. marlman macrumors regular

marlman

Atomic Browser gets my vote works perfect on the iPad. Full screen on opening and transparent icons at the bottom for bookmarks etc.

I use it has my main browser.

7. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

In your opinion maybe. In mine, it's great not to have to scroll that often in landscape mode. The toolbar reduces the originally 4:3 screen to something like a 16:10 one (in landscape), which is already pretty annoying for Web browsing.

8. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Hmmm full screen works on Chrome works for my iPad 3.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, more like in Apple's opinion (ultimately the only one that really matters).

10. Menneisyys2, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Well, lacking functionality doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't be useful. See for example f.lux - one of the glaring omissions in Apple's implementation of iOS.

I myself don't mind the additional tap + hold to almost always switch to full screen mode in Safari on my iPad 4; that is, I find full screen mode very useful in real life. (I've configured the JB tweak to be activated using tap + hold.)

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Oh I'm not saying some things like that wouldn't be good, just that unless/until Apple decides that's the case as well and actually puts them in it unfortunately doesn't really matter how good/useful those kinds of things might be.