Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ijha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Hi,
I have three mac notebooks (black macbook 2006, macbook pro 15" 2007, macbook pro 13" 2011). Interestingly, my 15" mackbook pro cannot wake up a AEBS-connected WD harddrive. My other two notebooks are doing just fine. I go to Finder and click 'shared' and a couple of seconds later, I can access to all the files in the harddrive. However, I have no success so far with my 15" one. Can anyone give me what might be wrong with my 15" one? The 15" one's wireless connection is flawless by the way.

What is interesting is that even though my harddrive is spinning (after getting awaken by my other macbook), the 15" one is still trying to connect and fails to access to the files.

Any comments are appreciated.
Thanks!

oh...by the way, my 06 and 07 macs are running SL.

Last edited:

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
Perhaps the one that's failing has the wrong login info in the keychain. Maybe the firewall is blocking stuff. Maybe the software on the computer is a little borked. There's a slim chance that maybe a repair permissions could fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.