How to watch 720p avi on iPad 1

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by megathunderult, Dec 29, 2011.

1. megathunderult macrumors newbie

Hello.

i have several 720p avi files that i would like to watch on my ipad, i have tried several apps (AvplayerHD,AirVideo.VLC and Cinexplayer) but the video's played back all slow and choppy. can anyone give me some advice on what to do?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The iPad 1 doesn't have enough CPU power to decode 720 AVI files. You'll have to transcode them to iPad compatible formats to play them.

3. megathunderult thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

Or if it's not as important that you store them directly on your iPad, you can stream them from your computer with the AirVideo app. It's one of the best apps to have if you use your iPad for watching videos. In my experience, the quality from an HD file will look more like standard definition when streaming through, but it's a fair enough trade, I think.

There's also the Plex app to do the same thing if you use Plex on your home computer.

6. megathunderult thread starter macrumors newbie

i downloaded handbrake. but when i start to convert a video handbrake immediately says that its finished. does anybody have this problem