How to wipe data from JB 3GS but keep JB and BB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OSMac, Oct 15, 2011.

1. OSMac macrumors 65816

How would you wipe all data and apps from a early boot rom 3GS,
    And keep the baseband and JB?

2. jdaniel macrumors 65816

redsnow. u would need rejailbreak using redsnow or something like that, that would save your baseband... basically you need to put on a clean ipsw on your phone...and use something that gives you the option to preserve your baseband.

3. OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

I assume Apple is only signing 5 now, so can a custom 4.3.3 still be installed in iTunes?

4. jdaniel macrumors 65816

yeah probably and def not 4.3.3 they stopped that a long time ago. well you would need to sign it.. why people JB and dont save their blobs I have no idea LOL.. well no point nagging about that now... ur only choice is to try ifaith I hear it can sign stuff but it only has windows version.. and u would need to google on how it works. you MAY also need to use tinyumbrella to point to your saved blobs, then run itunes, IF ifaith manages to work... or ifaith may be able to do what TU does.. no idea.. u need to check..

5. OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Just some more reading on early bootrom 3GS's.

The latest version of redsn0w can be used to produce a iOS 5 firmware without the baseband update.

Then put the phone in DFU mode and shift/alt update in iTunes 10.5,
    jb using redsn0w, install 1.2.4 ultrasnow.

That should wipe the phone,
    activate and install iOS 5 jailbroken and unlocked.
    Since its a early bootrom 3GS can boot untethered as well.

Sound right?

An unlocked , untethered, IOS 5 3GS would be rather rare in the sea of iphones for sale now I'd think too.

6. iSIILENT macrumors regular

My 3GS is a old bootroom with old baseband it's already jailbroken and able to be unlock if I even go to ios5 , how much more would the 3GS be worth as a unthetherd , jailbreak, unlock on ios5, then other 3GS , mines is 32gb by the way mint screen , scratches on back case, but it has a outterbox commuter case