How to work simultaneously in Interface Builder using SVM repository

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Monaj, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Monaj macrumors regular

Hi all,

We are using SCM repositories in XCode to work simultaneously on our project . We have used MAS by M. Uli Kusterer to establish server for subversion.

Our problem is that while we are able to work simultaneously in classes and commit the code, we are unable to work simultaneously in IB. When two users try to commit IB one after other then U appears for the second user. When he/she updates, it shows C - conflict. When we resolve it and compile the project it gives error: Could not read archieve

Can any one suggest us to do it??

Thanks,

Pramod

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Well, I've never used Interface Builder in Subversion, but I've had similar issues with Xcode projects in Subversion. If you're working on the same thing in the same location in the source file, you'll run into conflicts. Two people can't be rearranging the same thing. This is true of any source file of any type.

Next, if subversion thinks the files are binary (which mine is defaulting to thinking), it won't try to merge the changes:

Code:
    svn diff keyedobjects.nib 
    Index: keyedobjects.nib
    ===================================================================
    Cannot display: file marked as a binary type.
    svn:mime-type = application/octet-stream
    Try changing the mime-type to "text/xml":

Code:
    svn ps svn:mime-type "text/xml" *.nib
    property 'svn:mime-type' set on 'designable.nib'
    property 'svn:mime-type' set on 'keyedobjects.nib'

After making this change AND committing the change, any further changes should be diff-able and therefore merge-able.

To avoid having to do this in the future for new files, add this to the auto-props section of your ~/.subversion/config file:

Code:
    *.nib = svn:mime-type="text/xml";svn:eol-style=LF