How to write notes on pdf documents?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hajime, Mar 5, 2008.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

I know that Preview which came with Mac OS/X allows users to read pdf files. I am reading lots of pdf documents and would like to make notes / underlines / highlight sentences. Is there a good way to do that?

2. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

TOTALLY ROCKS

btw, you CAN make annotations using Preview... it's just not implemented super well. Go to the tools menu -> annotation

unless you're doing something super simple though, skim's better.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Print the documents out and physically annotate them, :D Hopefully others actually can answer your question.

4. erdomi macrumors newbie

draw on pdf using skim?

I was using xournal in ubuntu before i switched to mac. Now my install of xounral in X11 is giving me garbage when I type anything on my keyboard. I don't know how to fix this and don't have the time right now, so I am trying to use Skim now.

The problem is, I would like to draw lines (like use a pen or paint brush) free hand on my pdfs. Is there a way to do this in Skim?

In xournal I would underline sentences or parts of sentences by hand (using a ruler.) I prefer to do this and can't seem to do it in skim- I don't like the way it selects text.

5. Nago macrumors member

Nago

If you have Snow Leopard, the Preview tool has features such as notes, arrows, squares, underlining, highlighting, and many more.

You can access these by clicking the Annotate button or Tools->Annotate menu

Works great, try it!

6. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

Annotations made in Preview (highlighting, arrows, etc) **will** be visible in other pdf reading apps.