How to xfer contacts iPhone - Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 57guy, Jun 2, 2011.

1. 57guy macrumors newbie

I made the mistake of buying MobileMe with my Macbook last year when I bought it.
    I had an iPhone since they came out and never had a problem and always synced with my Mac with no problem.
    I now get dups in my phone and address book. Sometimes 10-15 of the same contact. I have 1600 contacts but my address book contains 2600 files.
    I bought the program Scruber yesterday to delete the dups. It canceled 980 contacts that it said were dups and keep the original on their server.
    When I imported the cleaned up list of contacts, I noticed that a lot of names were missing.
    I'm now setting here with an iPhone with all my contacts and over 900 dups and a Macbook address book with no dups, but missing some contacts.
    My question and problem that I need help on.
    1. How do I disable MobileMe. I'm throwing it away and will never use it again
    2. How do I overwrite the Mac addressbook with the names on my iPhone. I don't want to merge because I don't want the files that are on the Macbook.
    Thanks for your help.
    gep

2. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

I had the same problem, but in iCal. IIRC, if you sync with MobileMe AND your Mac, you get the duplicates. I THINK I set all my Apple products to sync with only MobileMe and all duplicates were removed. I say think because that was about two months ago, so I'm not completely sure. I looked at settings>mail, contacts, calendars on my iPad and under contacts, the default account is MobileMe.