How too Clean ipod touch of installer

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Mitchy Brehd, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Mitchy Brehd macrumors newbie

I jailbreaked my iPod and it gave me problems so i restopred it though itunes. It still gives me a few minor problems that i dont think was because of jailbreaking cause it did those things before i jailbroke it. I want to go get a new one from apple because its under warrenty but im affraid there will still be traces of installer on it. Will there be??? If so is there a way i can get rid of them?

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

as long as you restore your ipod through itunes, you should be back to factory settings. i think you need to be seeing some very significant problems in order for apple to just give you a new one. they will most likely try and repair it if possible first before they give you a new one

3. Mitchy Brehd thread starter macrumors newbie

So there is no way that there could be traces of installer left on it?

4. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

5. Mitchy Brehd thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you. iim hoping to go to the apple store this week so i hope its all good.

6. caseyspsyche macrumors newbie

jailbroken ipod

My bf got me one at his job and told me that it will not be covered under warrenty once it is jailbroken, so I havent attempted to do it. I can find out if it leaves traces (i would think so), but I can always ask if that helps.

7. Mitchy Brehd thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah could you maybe ask your bf to ask around at work or something?

8. JBenz07 macrumors newbie

once you restore your ipod to factory defaults, no traces of any jailbreaking will be seen. So yes you could bring it into an Apple Store and if they decide its a big enough problem, they'll replace your touch with a new one.