How touch sensitive are cases that have screen protectors??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by itsjustmeee, Mar 11, 2009.

1. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

I'm curious to hear from anyone that has a case that came with a plastic touchscreen protector (like the Griffin Wave or the More Eternity case), how they like it and how sensitive the screen is. When I bought my Iphone 3G, I had the apple store put a Power Support Anti-Glare Film on it and then a few weeks later I got a Griffin Wave and tried using the protector with the Anti-Glare Film on as well. I noticed that the touch sensitivity suffered a bit and also that when I called someone, the backlight would stay on as opposed to turning off automatically when I brought the phone up to my ear. I'm wondering if that's because both protectors were on at the same time or are the plastic ones just that way.... any opinions??

2. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

I have used only Power Support screen protectors. I had on the Anit-Glare one and I did notice a slight reduction in touch sensitivity but not too bad. With the normal shiny screen protector I have noticed no reduction at all in tough sensitivity. Is that what you were asking?

3. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

you need to use one screen protector or the other otherwise you get the issue of the proximity sensor not working properly as you're experiencing.

i prefer my powersupport screen overlay over the rigid protector that came with my switcheasy capsule. i just dont like how they tend to flex, allowing crap to get in between it and the screen, and much prefer the static cling of reusable screen protectors like the powersupport films. plus the matte finish available is especially nice.

4. itsjustmeee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oakie, so you're saying that the Powersupport is reusable? I have the matte finish on there now and it just started coming up on the top two corners and doesn't seem to want to cling back to the screen. I'm wondering how I can get it to stick. Do I have to take it off and re-apply it?