Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Here is the situation. I have $1100 to spend and am going to get a 32 GB iPod Touch. I now need a computer for an iTunes server, web browsing, movie watching, and maybe a little bit of gaming.

I have an offer from a fellow with an older white core2duo imac with the x1600 and applecare till 2010 for anywhere from 700 - 850 dollars. I think this is a wonderful deal and might buy it, but I heard somewhere that Apple is going to update the iMac line in October, and usually when they update their line of stuff they shoot out the old stock with a price deduction. I would like atleast the iMac with the 2600 HD Pro since I might do just a tad bit of gaming and I heard the 2400 is pretty bad. Do you think there is a chance that Apple will clearance their stock of the iMacs with the 2600 HD Pro to about 800 or so, since I heard the iMac line will also go down to $999?

shfreelance

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2008
Eustis, FL
Here is the situation. I have $1100 to spend and am going to get a 32 GB iPod Touch. I now need a computer for an iTunes server, web browsing, movie watching, and maybe a little bit of gaming.

I have an offer from a fellow with an older white core2duo imac with the x1600 and applecare till 2010 for anywhere from 700 - 850 dollars. I think this is a wonderful deal and might buy it, but I heard somewhere that Apple is going to update the iMac line in October, and usually when they update their line of stuff they shoot out the old stock with a price deduction. I would like atleast the iMac with the 2600 HD Pro since I might do just a tad bit of gaming and I heard the 2400 is pretty bad. Do you think there is a chance that Apple will clearance their stock of the iMacs with the 2600 HD Pro to about 800 or so, since I heard the iMac line will also go down to $999?

No, I think it would go down to $1,100 or so. Also the 2600 HD Pro is alright at gaming.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Yea I don't really do hardcore gaming. I will however probably have both the iMac monitor turned on and a 20" CRT Monitor I have at 1600x1200 resolution on in extended desktop mode, which will probably slow down the 2400 a lot so either the x1600 or 2600 should do me good.

youthcyber

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2008
Well, I think you should not wait. The more you wait for it, the more disappointment you will get as electronic devices progress rapidly.

To be honest my personal comment is that Apple quality has gone down as compared few years back. Maybe due to the location of production ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.