Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
Att concern ,

this is my first time preorder iphone with att and after all the time order is 12:22 AM, date estimated 9/21 delivery , Remembering couple yrs ago i did preorder with att and they change there time delivery took 30 days delay , really dont want it happened it again .>>>

cbarnes3121

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
this is my first pre order with them as well they giving me a 9-21 delivery date i hope they delver in the past i have been with sprint and always got my phone on delivery date even last year with the x but i have missed with sprint activating my phone which lead me to att

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
if i live in aprtment and go to work and leave paper note without signature are they ok to that ???

if not

can they bring back to station and i pick up on saturday morning ???

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
if i live in aprtment and go to work and leave paper note without signature are they ok to that ???

if not

Fed Ex and UPS both offer a free service where you can request to have your package held for you and then you can pick it up. You just have to sign up on their respective websites before the phone is shipped to you.

Reactions: TheBacklash

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
Fed Ex and UPS both offer a free service where you can request to have your package held for you and then you can pick it up. You just have to sign up on their respective websites before the phone is shipped to you.

So when is good time to setup that ,,,???
cause att not ship yet ? if i do it now att delay my ordering >>

Is it good time when att ship out then setup ???

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
So when is good time to setup that ,,,???
cause att not ship yet ? if i do it now att delay my ordering >>

Is it good time when att ship out then setup ???
You can sign up for both services right now. Then anytime you get a package from either carrier coming to you, you will receive an email saying a package is due to arrive soon. Once you get that email you can log into your account and request the package be held at their nearest station. This will not affect your iPhone package one bit.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Att concern ,

this is my first time preorder iphone with att and after all the time order is 12:22 AM, date estimated 9/21 delivery , Remembering couple yrs ago i did preorder with att and they change there time delivery took 30 days delay , really dont want it happened it again .>>>
Looks like you pre-ordered, I thought you were going to ride this one out. Anyways, I believe some carrier may set restrictions on changing the delivery options until after 1st delivery attempt. I know for Verizon, they restrict the hold for pick up until after first attempt. Only then, you get the option.

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
I live aprtment , no one home >> :D
i go work ar 11AM morning hope they arrive before it >> and i go home 7PM

either way >> i can go work that day early
7 to 3 pm
or
11- to 6 pm

but not sure when they arrive so cant decide so i can be available take it at home that a problem,

thanks reply above >> i will sign up held package when they packing @@@

TheBacklash

Suspended
Oct 23, 2013

if not

do NOT do that (leave the note in the apartment complex) Easiest way to have it stolen, on iPhone release day there *are* people that follow the drivers to see them drop off a package like that... and they run up and grab it.
Happens all the time.

I believe that in order to use the “hold at the UPS office” feature You need a tracking number. You should get that sometime Sunday or later.
Correct, as soon as you get the # do this.
If you sign up now you can get an alert that a package is scheduled to be delivered to you typically before the sender notifies you. I get a notification about 2-3 hours prior to something from amazon telling me it's on the way.
I am not sure but I think you can do a "vacation hold" for that week etc.. and request any/all packages be held at the store. (or delivered saturday) Again, not 100% sure cause i've never actually done that. I have seen it as an option though.
UPS seems to work with you pretty good, FedEx in my dealings with them... are not so much. But it can also be a regional thing, Fedex better for you etc. When I ordered today I asked who they are shipping through, they said whoever will be faster from where the warehouse. And that warehouse will depend regionally also.

titrau

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 16, 2017
dam that scary .. i am stupid hhahhaha
so, .. i will track till go work if they dont make it with me then i can pick up after work or saturday morning or nextday come back i stay hom saturday anyway :)

thanks advisor above

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.