How upset is steve?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by trevorlsciact, Sep 18, 2007.

1. trevorlsciact macrumors regular

How pissed do you think he would get at an issue like this? I'm referring to the screen issue of course. :apple:

2. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

he must be a little bit miffed, you can't say he isn't since a few reviewers got touches with bad screens and it showed in their scores of the ipod. But he still knows he'll still sell heaps of them.

3. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Lets just say the Screen Engineer hasn't been at work or seen since the unscheduled release of the Touch.

Oh, and Steve slept with all his employees.:p

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

5. iShak macrumors 6502

will we lose money if we try to fix all of those million units that are already sold?

yes sir.

forget it, just drop the contrast levels in the next firmware update, picture quality won't be as good as on the paper but who cares .. I have some overpriced iPhones to sell to those Europeans.

the cheap way out it is sir.

are my turtlenecks here yet?

6. --Wolf-- macrumors regular

Better than doing nothing about it.

7. iShak macrumors 6502

oh yes it is, you pay $400 dollars and settle for crumbs after a month of starvation because you can't take anymore .. win win for you and Apple, couldn't be better.

8. RadioStar macrumors member

Well, he's not concerned enough to issue any kind of statement, obviously.

9. jockmock macrumors regular

millions? lol

10. ZigZigZiggin macrumors newbie

I'm sure he's wiping his tears with hundred dollar bills. The guy's a freakin' millionaire, he's doing fine.

11. iShak macrumors 6502

corection:million .. not millions .. and it was just an estimate..

they sold a million overpriced iPhones in 74 days so why not?

and its always cheaper to mass produce a product then to make the same product in the batches of 100 each one a day apart.

elementary my dear watson.

12. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I doubt he's pissed at all, but Apple as a corporation should be concerned seeing as many of the reviews are slamming the touch for any number of reasons.

13. jockmock macrumors regular

I think it's safe to say that the touch haven't sold more than 50000 units. The nano is at best pushing half a million though

14. iShak macrumors 6502

I agree, but I was talking about a million or so units that might still be in containers, on-board freight ships, in factory storage, in stores, at other retailers like best buy argos etc.

15. acrafton macrumors 6502

Probably pretty close to what did/is happening. . .

Try reading "The Second Coming of Steve Jobs". It is a great bio of him that reveals him in all his glory (much of it unflattering but true). He is a genius without equal but man, quite an a**hole at times. Couple of anecdotes:

Berating a flight attendant at length for "serving me this sh**". He did this in public on a commercial flight to the point that his staff and the flight attendant was humiliated.

There was an issue with some life time service contracts of some sort (don't recall) that Apple sold during the time he left. He returned and found out about it (they were obviously losing money). He told his staff to cancel them and was told it would make customers unhappy. His response "fu** them".

There are many more, all documented and fascinating. It is not a hack piece but a full view of the man.

Adam