How use relationship in Contacts.app?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by johannnn, Jul 21, 2017.

1. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

In Contacts.app you can fill in relationships, such as mother, father, partner etc for a given contact.
    But is there any way to actually fill with an existent contact, instead of just writing the name?
    At the moment I'm just writing the names, but they're not clickable which is kind of annoying. And they won't update if someone e.g. gets married and changes their name.

2. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Have you tried Siri to do this? I think I did it a couple years ago.

3. udontno macrumors regular

udontno

I am pretty sure I discovered the other day that the relationships I have added were clickable. I don't really use this feature though.

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

You can click on the relationship designation next to the name, and then select "Show card" (Or similar), to get the information of the person.

I have several females in my adress book that has the same first name as my girlfriend, so it is a real time saver to say "Call my girlfriend" to Siri. It also avoids sweet talking to girls I think are my girlfriend, but is not. ;)

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

You old Casanova you.
    I bet that is your official excuse. :p

6. johannnn thread starter macrumors 65816

johannnn

On iOS you can click the + symbol in top right and select a contact.
    On macOS, you have to manually type the contact. I have had many cases where I misspell the contact, and then it doesn't work to right-click and select "show contact" :(