How useful do you find your iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Owen.C, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Owen.C macrumors newbie

I'm really considering the new Touch, but I think I got caught up in the "It's and iPhone without the phone!" argument. Especially since it doesn't have 3G so surely alot of the feature aren't much use out of the house. (wifi area)

So I'm just looking for your guys opinions on how useful your iPod Touch is, and whether I would find it better than my 5G nano.

Edit: (Games and large screen interest me, but Apps is what I'm interested in for the upgrade)

2. TheEvilDonut macrumors member

TheEvilDonut

I've had both a 1st and 3rd gen before I switched to the iPad. My iPod Touch was the center of my digital life. I managed my contacts, schedules, emails and pretty much everything else with it.

I live and work in Montreal and there are free wifi hotspots everywhere around here so connectivity was never an issue. Plus even if you don't always have access to wifi, the usefulness of all the apps you have at your disposal cannot be overstated.

If I didn't have my iPad I would have jumped on the new Touch like a ravenous pitbull on a t-bone.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I've got dozens of media players. My iPod Touch, on the other hand, never gets used for music. It is serving the role my PDA used to serve, and the few games I've added to it serve as a useful distraction when music won't do.

The new cameras bring suspitious potential. I've got the Nano with camera, and a few other players with cameras, and truthfully never used any of them more than once or twice to prove they work. FaceTime seems more like a gimic to me, but given I don't make calls with a REAL cell phone I doubt there will be any worth making just so I can see there faces.

If you want one, the 3rd gen is a fine version and should be being discounted very soon.