How useful is iFile?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, May 14, 2012.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I have had iFile since I first jailbroke on iOS 4, and love it. But I have a quick question about it's functionality...

If I want to move a file to a different folder (like an icon that I want to use in a different theme), can I simply edit the file extension in iFile and respring (for example, change the extension from the "Camera.app" folder to the "Photos.app" folder, and have that file/Icon show up in the Photos folder so that I can rename it an use it as my springboard icon)?

Will this effectively relocate the file to the new folder, or is something like iFunbox required to move these around?

Thanks!

2. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Easiest way to move a file is to click EDIT on top-right corner > select whatever file you want to move (placing a red check on the circular bubble) > click the CLIPBOARD icon label on the bottom-right corner > select either COPY or CUT when selection window appears ("cut" completely removes particular file from location while "copy" will leave that file in place and just create a duplicate).

Then go to whatever folder destination you want that file moved or copied to.....press the CLIPBOARD icon again and select PASTE.

That's it. ;)

3. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Wow... I was way over complicating that... Thanks!

4. EngageWithRage macrumors 6502

EngageWithRage

iFile is one of the apps I could never be without..

Hick's explanation is exactly what I would have said lol