How very tiresome...is this happening anywhere else?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by InsertName, Apr 7, 2011.

1. InsertName macrumors member

Morning, All,

I'm one of those way, way down a Best Buy list. Well, I WAS way down the list--but the Best Buy in Bellevue, WA seemed to be getting regular shipments and, late last week, I reached number 2 in the queue for 32g wifis (yeah, like everyone else).

That was on Thursday last. A week ago.

Since then, not a single thing appears to have happened. It looks rather like they've received no shipments at all. This seems strange as, over the past 2 or 3 weeks, they've been getting in a minimum of 2 shipments a week. Then, suddenly, nothing--just as supply seems to be ramping up.

Anyone experiencing anything similar with other Best Buys, or am I just subject to a curse?

Cheers!

2. naples09, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

naples09 macrumors member

Nope. I walked in to a local Best Buy and bought one off the shelf. No waiting and no wait list.

Just keep checking the inventory tracker thread.

3. Funnone macrumors regular

D:eek:hoo......

4. elmo151 Guest

Talk to the store manager. They make the key decisions!

5. melman101 macrumors 68030

Well don't feel bad. I preordered my iPad on march 11th at 5:05pm at Best Buy on launch day. I still have yet to get the call.

However, I got lucky one day and found the one I reserved at the Best Buy down the road from the one I reserved at. How ridiculous is that?

6. number84 macrumors 6502

pretty much hit and miss i think. i found one a few days after launch just sitting in my local best buy.

7. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

Same here! I think they are either doing a bad job keeping up with reservations or they truly haven't gotten in any 32GB WiFi. I was originally planning to go with a WiFi only one, but I could never get them at my BB. they seemed to only be getting 3G versions, which in the end is what I purchased.

8. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

this is one of the reasons I didn't pre-order, no lists, nothing. I'll get it when I get it.
    Actually, a guy working at Walmart is going to let me know when the iPad I want arrives.
    Until then, I'm not calling any other place or loosing any sleep over it.

9. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

Similar story here. Got put on the list at 6:30pm march 11th and still haven't received a call. Lucky for me though I was able to snag one at my local radio shack last Tuesday.

10. rei87 macrumors newbie

rei87