How warm does the iPhone need to be to start damaging the battery ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalebnate, Nov 7, 2014.

1. kalebnate macrumors 6502

I got my replacement iPhone 6+ recently and just being a bit paranoid trying to identify any faults with it to avoid the same experience with the first one.

My phone tends to be warm when it's in my pocket, which is logical due to heat transfer from my body. Can anyone else check if this is true for them as well ? Just want to be careful and ensure my battery isn't being over worked when in idle mode. Also, would such body temperature start damaging the battery, or is only extreme heat required ?

Thanks

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Unless you are usually hot, there is no way your body heat will hurt your phone.

I am pretty sure you know this !

Just relax and enjoy your new iPhone.

3. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I used to use a sat nav app that used to make my iPhone 5 run so hot it was difficult to handle. I got rid of that pretty sharpish lol. I wouldn't imagine it does the internals any good at all. Warm is not a problem though OP, relax :)

4. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

My Galaxy S4 ran very hot on occasion and never affected the battery for the 18 months I owned it--

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

6. TigerMSTR macrumors regular

Stop babying your phones! The phone is perfectly capable of regulating it's temperatures so that it remains within a safe limit. :mad:

If the phone is getting a little warm, the operating system will clock down the CPU. If it gets too hot the phone will shut off.