How "warm" does your iPhone normally get?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GBurnin, Aug 19, 2008.

1. GBurnin macrumors newbie

Normal for the phone to get hot along the left & right sides and on the screen? Heats up like this within a just a few minutes of using Safari or using my rss reader (netnewswire). doesn't matter what i use (3g, wifi, edge).

settings: Fetch new data OFF, Location Service OFF

heard it may be "normal" for the phone's backside to be warm during gameplay or movie watching, but the whole phone should heat up while I'm just reading a website or scrolling through text on my news reader???

2. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

+1 It's just the blazing 3G speed. Mine can get pretty hot too, especially when I am outside on an average temperature day. Even in the cool shade, I can feel the iPhone getting rather hot on the back. It's nothing to worry about, though.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Sure, it can get warm after some mild to heavy use. How warm is it getting exactly? If it gets warm enough that you'd classify it as "hot" or feels like it could potentially burn your hand while holding it then I'd say your battery is defective and you should get a replacement.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Mine gets very warm during charging, and during heavy use, but not just from browsing the web. That's weird.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

6. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I called att before the heat issue started appeating on any board's and the phone acually burned me! So I called up att hoping to send them the phone to fix and they give me some sort of temporary, Instead the rep asked if I bought the phone from a apple or att store. I told him the apple store, he asked which one and he made me a 9 o clock appointment without me having to call the apple store directly! I was literally in and out of the apple store within 5 minutes with a brand new cool iphone in hand week 30. If you feel that the heat is well, to hot don't be afraid to call!

7. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

my iphone melted! jk only notice it gets hot when im on youtube or playing monkeyball for long periods of time.

8. GBurnin thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't think it'll going to burn me, but since it especially heats up along the edges and on the screen, it's not very comfortable since those are the areas i tend to touch.

This genius told me the other day that this was "normal". so you tell me.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj