How warm on EDGE + Unexpected behaviour?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by biotechie, Aug 29, 2008.

1. biotechie macrumors newbie

So here is another noo-b 3G question...

How warm is the thing supposed to get on EDGE? I was browsing earlier and after maybe 15 minutes, I could feel the back starting to get warm. I wasn’t downloading much but did go to a few sites with pictures on them like Apple's homepage and was predominantly on EDGE though did go to 3G (1 bar) sparsely. Is this normal? I thought that EDGE was supposed to consume a lot less power and hence should not have this issue (though I know this was an issue with the earlier metal-backed version).

Also, two things happened which I wasn’t expecting :
    1. Twice, Safari just hung and then crashed/brought me to the home screen
    2. Twice, the screen asking for the voicemail access code popped up (and I haven’t missed a call on the phone since this morning).

Again, normal??

Courses of action?? Relax?? Restore?? Return??

As always, thoughts are much appreciated.

2. richg916 macrumors regular

Relax, do a restore if you feel like it. Wait for the update due out in Sept.
    The heat seems normal to me.

3. Heyitsme24 macrumors newbie

My phone does everything you described. I to was wondering about the edge warming up my phone and killing my battery.

4. equlizer macrumors regular

well my 3g is in an iskin revo2 and all that is inside a belt holster. Ive talked on the phone using 3g for over 2 hours with no heat problems at all. Ive seen lots of threads about this heat problem and ive never experienced it before (unless your leaving it sit in the hot sun)