Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Did you preorder any iphones in the past? How was your experience with Best Buy?

Did they deliver on release day?

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I haven't ordered from Best Buy but I remember for the iPhone 5 (believe it was?) there was huge drama around Best Buy screwing it up and people not getting their phones on launch day.

:apple:

Nde

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I have two poor experience with BBY pre orders. I feel like the people that works there, they call their friends telling them hey, there is an iPhone xx 64 GB, come get it.

Because twice, BBY called me to pickup my pre order. Twice, they couldn't find it at the store at the time of pickup.

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
Did it twice. Don't bother it's way too risky. They don't really have a definite answer as to how many are being shipped but they continue to take pre orders and drop the bomb on you on release day that your order will be filled with the next shipment.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
I tried Best Buy pre-order with the iPhone 5 (64GB) and they didn't end up getting it in on launch day. I cancelled the pre-order and was able to pick one up at an AT&T store later that morning (9:30am).
Even though I cancelled the pre-order, Best Buy sent me a notification it was finally in two weeks after launch.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I have two poor experience with BBY pre orders. I feel like the people that works there, they call their friends telling them hey, there is an iPhone xx 64 GB, come get it.

Because twice, BBY called me to pickup my pre order. Twice, they couldn't find it at the store at the time of pickup.

My experience too

I ordered on the first day and my iphone 5 came in and was lost ( email sent - my phones were in) - 2 weeks later / I ended up going to apple and getting one

When I was at the store while they looked for my device - several employees had one as their
personal phones

bmagsam0307

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
I've preordered an iPhone from Best Buy in the past, the 4S. For the 4S, they didn't receive any Verizon versions on launch day, and I heard that for the 5, they didn't receive ANY. I used to work at Best Buy and the thing with them is that they have no control over how many they get (if any at all). Best Buy and other stores similar to them (Radioshack, Walmart, etc.) kind of play second fiddle to Apple stores and carrier stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.