How was your experience ordering an iMac 27-inch from the Apple Store? (online)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by deuk1219, Nov 24, 2010.

1. deuk1219 macrumors regular

Nov 8, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, the title says all.
    I read lots of complaints about the screen coming cracked or what not (since its huge and heavy and harder to deliver it I'm guessing)
    How did your iMac 27-inch arrive? Was the box clean?
    I have another question.
    Do the delivery people (is it UPS or fedex?) leave in on the front door of your house? (I do live in a dangerous neighborhood)(atlanta :eek:)

Thank you all!
  2. MacLaw macrumors newbie

Jan 31, 2009
    My iMac arrived in pristine condition. The box was intact with no 'bruising.' I had my delivered to my work, but I think both UPS and FedEx require a signature before delivering such a pricey item.
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    My 24" came in perfect condition. Even the box had no smudges or anything. UPS delivered it and they required a signature so they won't leave it on to your doorstep.
  4. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

May 9, 2010
    Amsterdam, NL
    Absolutely perfect. It took longer than I expected, though. 2 weeks (The Netherlands). Although there was some international delay at the time.

Box came without smushes and like said above, in pristine condition.

The 27" iMac came from Ireland.:p
  5. RichardI macrumors 6502a

Feb 21, 2007
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    As I have posted here before, my experience was nothing but positive. This was my third Mac that I bought online direct from Apple (Canada) and all went perfectly - and the Imacs were all perfect as well. This last one was the 27".

Rich :cool:
  6. threeputt macrumors member

Nov 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

I am thinking of taking the plunge to an iMac, how long from order placement to delivery was yours. I am in Ontario as well.
  7. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

Jan 3, 2008
    I just received my 27" quad core yesterday. I live in New Jersey and it was being delivered from California.

I bought it on the 15th, and got the shipping notification a couple days later. So it was a little longer that I thought to get it shipped to me, but well worth it.
  8. biggd macrumors 6502

Apr 6, 2008
    Yea Ontario! G.o.d I hate it here, what part are you in?

All my apple stuff comes super fast because there is a distribution center across the American boarder.
  9. mouse123 macrumors member

Nov 25, 2010
    Do the online apple store give discounts during the christmas period?
  10. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

Dec 17, 2009
    Folsom, CA
    Visit the home page for Macrumors, they just released their discount schedule for Black Friday. You have a very small window to order from though.
  11. mouse123 macrumors member

Nov 25, 2010
    I have checked the Singapore apple online store. They didnt have this black Friday discount. Guess black friday is not applicable to this part of the world.. :rolleyes: