How was your Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iMacZealot, Nov 24, 2007.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Mine was terrible... nothing was right, my mom overcooked the turkey, and my uncle pissed me off so much I had to yell at him and I was so overwhelmed that I had to leave the house for a while.

How was yours?

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

everything was perfect. the turkey was the best I've had in many years. moist and delicious.
    My uncle cried while watching Nessun Dorma on youtube. We had an egg nog taste test and there was a roaring fire in the fireplace. Picture perfect. :)

sorry for your trouble. there is always next year.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Egg nog taste test huh, how drunk did you get.:p

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Pretty good! Good food. Good company. But ate too much.

5. kflook macrumors member

I had 2 gatherings to go to. My dad's family at lunch, which is usually filled with drama, but went well. My mom's family at dinner that evening was fun, we spent a lot of time on youtube afterwards :)

6. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

i got really stuffed...then i went for a 8 mile run to work it off.:rolleyes:
    Black friday was my favorite part of :Dthanksgiving

7. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Mine was very similar minus the egg nog and youtube. The worst thing that happened was while I was taking pictures of everyone, I had forgotten that I left the ISO on my camera at 1600 so most of the pictures are pretty noisy. I thought it seemed weird that I was taking pictures at 1/400 inside! Oh well.

Sorry to hear about the less than perfect Thanksgiving. I'm sure everyone has had one similar to yours at least once.

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Okay, what did you purchase?

9. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

Best in years: tons of food, some ice cold beer and couple of movies.

Ah, the good life :D

10. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

I doubt that.

11. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

Fantastic... Great food, family and another Packers win!! Yippee

12. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I ate WAY too much, but it was a good day overall.

13. iRachel macrumors 6502a

A little rough - this was the first year I haven't been able to go home and join my family, but thankfully I have some great friends who make a really good turkey!

14. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Sorry to hear of your bad one.

Try to think positive. Be glad you are alive and have plenty of food to eat -- even if some is overcooked.

15. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Definately. Millions and millions of people around the world have no food to eat, so just be thankful you have something.

16. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Yep, sometimes those of us who have food, shelter, running water, etc. take for granted that the rest of the world is the same. Unfortunately, it is not.

I think Thanksgiving is really a good time to be thankful for what we have. In America, what we consider poverty, in some countries would be considered extremely wealthy.

What I find most interesting, is that as you go through life, material things become less important and friends & family while always important, become more important.

17. danny_w macrumors 601

Absolutely perfect! It was just me and my wife this year (our son won't be home from college until Dec 4th). We had a very lazy morning, a great turkey dinner, and wonderful dancing that evening. We have so much to be thankful for!

18. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Thanksgiving always sucks if its not at my house.

This year we went to my cousins house. She obviously overinvited people because I ended up having to eat standing up in her family room while my sister and cousins sat on the couch.

Or sometimes we go to my aunts sisters house where the food is cooked 2 days in advance and everything is always cold.

We usually have a make up thanksgiving.

19. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that had a great Thanksgiving with just my wife as company. We didn't even bother with with the turkey dinner, mostly because we ate too many tacos at the local taqueria for lunch!

20. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

It was great! I don't like turkey :eek: but my Aunt also made a ham, so that was cool. Her mashed potatoes are the best too. Then we had 5 different pies and an apple crisp with ice cream and homemade whipped cream. And my uncle remembered he had a trumpet still in the house from when he used to play, but he doesnt play anymore so he gave it to me!

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You better learn before the MacRumors talent show.:cool:

22. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

I just couldn't understand why my grandma can't remember in her gomer head to take out the turkey early. She has truly lost it, and it annoyed me so much I just had to sock her.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I hope that was an attempt at a bad joke. Either way I don't find it too amusing.

24. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Why would it be a joke? She's truly lost it. My whole family has. They say that I need to go on medication or something because I'm "manic depressive". Phh.