How weird does this look?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheSpaz, Oct 24, 2007.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

http://images.apple.com/macosx/images/macosx_index_hero20071026.png

Check out the 3D Dock. Depending on how you view the screen, the Dock will look really out of place (perspective-wise). From the pictures, it looks like the Dock is leaning toward you and the icons can slide off any time. Why do we need a 3D shelf for our icons to sit on? I think this is a classic example of "look what Leopard can do with Core Animation". I think the Dock in Panther/Tiger is perfect... it's simple and it does what it needs to do. Sure, I like visual changes every now and again but, don't you think the 3D-ness is over the top?

2. AppleCrisp macrumors member

Oh. My. God.
    If it isnt the thirteen thousandth thread complaining about the dock.
    You can turn it off!!! Theres some thread about how to do it.... stop complaining about angles and whatever, let those who want it enjoy it and if you dont, just turn it off and stop complaining! Jesus Christ Leopard isn't even here yet can't you even wait for the box to arrive before you start complaining about something you haven't even seen!?

3. neven macrumors 6502a

It's also the 10,000th thread to attribute every 3D aspect of Leopard to Core Animation. What on Earth does a perfectly unmoving Dock have to do with Core Animation?

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

5. mikey.f macrumors regular

I would say, Dock itself nothing, but the Stacks are a good example of nice use of CA?