How well do silent alarms work?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Woodcrest64, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

I'm just wondering how well it works and if anyone here uses silent alarms to wake themselves up in the morning with their Apple Watch if you charge it mid day... I'm worried about battery life and sleeping with it. Also I read somewhere that the silent alarms don't always work..

I'm thinking about getting one for my wife. In terms of a routine, if she comes home from work and charges her Apple Watch, theoretically she could sleep with it and use the silent alarm to wake yourself up in the morning. I'm assuming by charging it when she comes home she should be able to sleep with it and continue using it at work.

2. Applenoob34 macrumors 6502

I've never had an issue with the alarm not waking me up. These watches charge so quick that I would just throw it on he charger while showering and it would gain enough juice to see me through 24 hours. I have a S0 fwiw

3. AppleLuvver macrumors member

AppleLuvver

I use the Apple Watch alarm on vibrate everyday to wake up. It works very well. And it's not so silent to the person wearing it when the house is quiet. You can actually hear and feel the vibration really well. Now if I could just quit hitting snooze

Edited to add I also wear it to bed and track sleep with pillow app. I charge it in the morning while I'm showering and at night while I'm getting ready for bed and have no problems with battery life.

4. betabeta macrumors 6502a

It’s one of the key features I love, in fact that one feature is worth the price of the entire watch to me.

Just like someone tapping me on the wrist, it never startles me like an alarm does, and I can set an alarm for anytime and not worry about waking everyone in the house. Also regular alarms sometimes don’t wake me up, this has never failed to gently wake me up.

I charge my watch an hour before bed.

This feature could save some marriages if you work on different schedules;)