How well do these clear cases hold up?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by danny8200, Nov 12, 2014.

1. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

All these clear cases I see look pretty cool. I was wondering how well do they hold up in the long run? Do they get scratched up a lot? Does dust get under the case in between the case and the phone?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Dust and dirt get underneath and will show...the two clear cases I have are both scratched pretty bad after two months of use. You don't notice the scratches unless you take the cover off and look through it which I do every once in a while to clean the dust that gets underneath. The clear covers are still what they were new. (clear) They work for me because it adds grip to my 6 Plus, looks like I don't have an obvious case, protects from wear, and keeps the camera lens off the surface when you lay the phone down. I use the i-Blason from Amazon that costs less than $20. Maybe some are more durable but for the price paid its a good investment.

3. stcizzle macrumors regular

not well; didn't have the dust problem getting underneath, but did have it crack a bit, not all the way through, where the corner is near the camera cut out. Maybe a hybrid see-through material like a harder plastic/silicone would be a better option if it exists!?