how well does frash work?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by einmusiker, Oct 15, 2010.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

2. SA22C macrumors regular

I couldn't get it to do anything useful the last time I tried it. Video doesn't work and many games fail to load properly. In any case, I don't really miss Flash when browsing on my iPad or iPhone so not having it really doesn't impact me.

3. oli356 macrumors 6502

I've not found a use of it.. tried videos in the past and it doesn't work....

So no point imo

4. lolli504 macrumors newbie

Given that it's an alpha build it's not bad.

Honestly I've ran it on both my iPad and iPhone 4 for the last couple months and have used it no more than once or twice without specifically trying to find flash content.

That being said it's nice to have the option.

L

5. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

6. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

frash has a frequent problem of crashing every other time you click on a flash player.

7. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Not very.

8. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

It has never worked for me. I'm just trying to get it to work for atdhe dot net. Its a no go.

9. BryanP macrumors member

BryanP

10. Zodiak macrumors regular

Have found SOME uses for it but not many. Found it funny that when it was first discovered there was a huge buzz about it, since then it received an update and has been sitting at version 0.2 for what seems forever now, almost like nobody is working on it anymore...

11. zerostar macrumors regular

Just got a Frash update today.... Makes my iPad 100% perfect now!!!! I no longer need my laptop with me for those couple flash websites, it works great and even a complex site like http://www.marcecko.com/ works soooooo amazingly well. Videos play great and stream perfect, I honestly don't see why Apple won't include it and make it work as frash does, click to play and that works well for me!

I highly recommend it, the newest version out seems to be using flash version 10,1,61,68

By the way I am on iPad version 3.2... Never had the time to update/jailbreak and now with Frash I have a really solid reason to keep on jail breaking!

12. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

just sold my ipad and ordered mba, can you post a video of a flash website loading on your ipad?

13. xraytech macrumors 68020

Not worth installing, IMHO.

"Half Baked" is how I would describe Frash in its present incarnation.