How well does the C2D Mac Mini Runs Leopard

GreatOne08

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
Las Vegas
Hello,

I am planning on purchasing the 1.82 C2D Mac Mini with 2 Gb of Ram. For those of you who own one, how well does it run Leopard? Is it snappy? How well does coverflow and Quicklook perform? What about iLife 08? How about Parallel running Windows XP?

Thank You for your input. :)

nikiski

macrumors regular
Hello,

I am planning on purchasing the 1.82 C2D Mac Mini with 2 Gb of Ram. For those of you who own one, how well does it run Leopard? Is it snappy? How well does coverflow and Quicklook perform? What about iLife 08? How about Parallel running Windows XP?

Thank You for your input. :)
Hello, I have a 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo Mac Mini and it runs Leopard smoothly. In fact it's a bit faster than when it was running Tiger IMHO. CoverFlow works well. Quicklook performs well too. I can resize the Window and it will reflect and redraw almost instantly. I have only tried iPhoto '08 and it's a snap.

When running Parallels though, the computer gets a little bit choppy. It's still usable, but I recommend limiting the RAM your VM consumes to 256 or 512 MB.

I have 2GB of RAM, BTW. Do note that the 2GHz version comes with 4MB of cache if that's a deciding factor for you.

Good luck on your purchase! :)

GreatOne08

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
Las Vegas
Hello, I have a 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo Mac Mini and it runs Leopard smoothly. In fact it's a bit faster than when it was running Tiger IMHO. CoverFlow works well. Quicklook performs well too. I can resize the Window and it will reflect and redraw almost instantly. I have only tried iPhoto '08 and it's a snap.

When running Parallels though, the computer gets a little bit choppy. It's still usable, but I recommend limiting the RAM your VM consumes to 256 or 512 MB.

I have 2GB of RAM, BTW. Do note that the 2GHz version comes with 4MB of cache if that's a deciding factor for you.

Good luck on your purchase! :)
Thank You, I really appreciate your input. :)

maninthemoon

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2007
1.83 C2D 1GB ram

I have a new 1.83 C2b with 1 GB ram. I runs Leopard great. I was planning and upgrading to 2 GB ram but so far it's running so well with 1 I may hold off.

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2004
Great post and great replies! I was waiting like a week for an answer to lol Well suppose i will be getting a mini.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.