How well does the iPhone work when you use it as both your iphone and main ipod??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jena55, Jun 13, 2009.

1. jena55 macrumors member

Ok... so let me explain because I am sure plenty some of you are thinking "well it is a phone and ipod so just fine!!"

But here is what I mean.... right now I have an ipod touch. I use it all the time. I use it with my iHome clock/radio and I use it in my car a ton. So, I was just wondering... is it annoying to be listening to your iphone in your car and then have to take phone calls?? Do you have to take the iphone off the car adapter or can you put it on speakerphone or something (assuming you don't use bluetooth)?? Also, does the speaker interference problem make listening to it as an ipod through external speakers annoying??

If i make the switch to an iphone, i will be selling my ipod touch. I guess I am just wondering if by doing that I may be losing some of the things I like about the ipod part of it all.

2. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I do not find it annoying when answering phone calls while music is playing, and it is very easy to put it into speakerphone mode for when you are using it in the car, all without having to take it out of its dock/cradle. I've used my iPhone with an iHome speaker set and have not had any problems with it.

3. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I use my iphone as an ipod and phone. I use it to play music in my car. It does make sounds occasionally when I'm recieving a phone call and/or text. It's pretty minimal though.

It's pretty cool because I can talk to whoever calls through my iphone but play them through the speakers. Then when I hang up the ipod continues to play.

4. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

I think it's very convenient to have my music automatically fade when I get a call. The speaker should be loud enough in a car to have a conversation on speakerphone.

5. Fenir macrumors regular

I'm not sure what you're trying to ask. Are you saying you normally talk on the phone while you are listening to music at the same time?

I think it's cool how the music fades into the call, than back out; it let's you pickup the music right where you left off and is very convenient overall.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

it works well enought for me. i dont even carry my ipod with me anymore besides for use in my car

7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Jobs wanted it designed as three things; an iPod, a phone, and a "revolutionary internet device". As such, you can believe it will be as robust as a full blown iPod. If you put your phone in airplane mode you'll never recieve any distractions and can run the phone just as a complete iPhone, but I find it way more convenient to have the 2 in one device. Heck, thats why I got an iPhone in the first place. I used to have a pocketpc, an iPod, and a phone in different pockets and that was just a pain, but phone and ppc wasn't nearly as robust as itunes + ipod for music.

8. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Me also, I carry my iPod Classic for my car, I have a bad habit of leaving it in the glove compartment. My husband using his as both, he likes the fact he only has to carry one thing around. Since his car has bluetooth when the phone rings it easy to switch between ipod and phone.